KUMEU BAPTIST CHURCH, AUCKLAND
Youth Team Leader (Part Time)
What can it look like when young people are encouraged and empowered in the journey of discipleship? How do youth ministry, the gospel and local communities intersect in this cultural moment? What impact will you have on the youth of today? If you’re asking these questions, we’d love to ask them with you.
Kumeu Baptist Church (KBC) is a warm, welcoming faith community with a long youth ministry history. Based in the fast-growing northwest of Auckland, our mission is to know Christ and make him known. This means building one another up in the faith and reaching out into our wider community with the good news of Jesus.
We are looking to employ a part-time youth team leader to join our pastoral ministry team and head up our youth ministry (hours negotiable). You’ll focus on:
• Leading and shaping youth community spaces for connection, discipleship and outreach among students in years 7 to 13.
• Developing the youth leadership team through recruitment, coaching and mentoring.
• Sharing hands-on discipleship of young people.
• Supporting connections between youth and the wider church.
• Planning and leading KBC youth camps and our Easter Camp group.
We’re after someone who:
• Loves Jesus and is committed to serving him in all they do.
• Has a heart for youth, along with youth ministry experience.
• Has good communication and team management skills, and a willingness to learn.
• Is an activator and enabler, able to recognise needs, start new initiatives and inspire others to join with what they have.
Bible/ministry training is preferred, however you may be working towards this. Candidates must hold NZ permanent residency.
For inquiries or to request a copy of the job description, contact Gareth Davies at email@example.com.
Expressions of interest are requested by 25 November 2021.